We hope you’re enjoying our “20” lists, published in honor of The Event Team’s 20th Anniversary as an award-winning destination management company! Today’s list features Orange County, one of the many regions where we provide corporate event services. Enjoy our finds, and as always, feel free to add to the list below!
Twenty Things We Love About Orange County
1. Huntington Dog Beach: Located right off of Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach, this dog beach is the best place to spend the day soaking in the rays with your pooch.
2. Balboa Island: Full of quaint water side cottages, cute boutiques and many restaurants, Balboa Island is the perfect place to spend a day walking around and taking in all the sights.
3. Mission San Juan Capistrano: The historic landmark and museum at the Mission San Juan Capistrano is great for family or educational outings. Rich with California history the sprawling 10 acre grounds filled with gardens, adobe architecture and fountains is an Orange County must-see.
4. Disneyland: Opening its doors in 1955 the Disneyland Theme Park has become famous for being “the happiest place in the world” From Tomorrowland to Mickeys Toontown, Disneyland is a guaranteed good time for all.
5. Table Rock Beach: Arguably one of the most beautiful beaches in Orange County, Table Rock Beach is full of amazing rocky cliffs and secret little coves.
6. Catalina Island: Located 37 miles off the Orange County coast, Catalina Island is a quick ferry ride away. The small town of Avalon is home to almost a million visitors each year. With Scuba diving, snorkeling, glass bottom boats, parasailing and more! Catalina Island is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway.
7. Whale watching: Departing from Dana Wharf or Newport Landing, Orange County is the best place to go for a whale watching adventure! Every year thousands of Gray and Blue whales pass through on their way to the warmer waters of Mexico.
8. South Coast Plaza: As the largest mall in California, South Coast Plaza does not disappoint. Home to over 250 retailers and many restaurants, it’s the perfect place to spend the day shopping.
9. Orange County Zoo: Bobcats, Coyotes, and Porcupines Oh My! Located inside the sprawling 477-acre Irvine Park, the Orange County Zoo is home to animals that are native to the Southwestern US.
10. Discovery Science Center: With over 100 interactive science exhibits the Discovery Science Center is the best place for some hands-on science fun!
11. Fashion Island: If you’re looking for a five star shopping experience, Fashion Island is the place to be! Home to upscale department stores and many great restaurants, Fashion Island is a premier shopping destination.
12. Bowers museum: From kid friendly exhibits to ancient cultural artifacts, Bowers Museum is the best place to experience a variety of art and culture.
13. Angels Stadium: Take me out to the ball game! Angels Stadium, home to the Anaheim Angels baseball team, is the perfect place to enjoy a day of baseball. With three full service restaurants, family friendly seating areas and beautiful landscaped courtyard Angels Stadium is an Orange County must-see!
14. Sport Fishing: Whether you’re a fishing pro or have never caught a fish in your life, Orange County has a sport fishing adventure for you! Complete with gear and a knowledgeable staff, the sport fishing in Orange County is a must!
15. Laguna Beach: With its ocean views and unique art galleries, Laguna Beach is the perfect place to spend wandering, window shopping and taking in all of the sights.
16. Crystal Cathedral: Constructed with over 10,000 rectangular panes of glass, the Crystal Cathedral is a must see for tourists and architecture enthusiasts alike.
17. Santa Ana Arts district: The Santa Ana Arts District is 8 blocks of creative effort to one of Orange County’s most historic cities. The monthly Art Walk is a great way to take in all the attractions of the Santa Ana Arts District.
18. Surfing Heritage Foundation: Dedicated to the preservation and appreciation of surfing, the Surfing Heritage Foundation is home to a great museum with an extensive surfboard collection.
19. Downtown Disney: Experience the magic of Disney without the hefty admission fee! Downtown Disney with its restaurants, nightclubs, shops and even a movie theater, is the perfect place for a night out on the town, Disney style.
20. Honda Center: Home to the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Team and fabulous concerts and events throughout the year, the Honda Center is the premier arena in Orange County.
We know there are so many more things to love about Orange County, but this is a great start, don’t you think? If you are looking at Orange County for one of your group meetings or events, feel free to call us and we will show you around! 888-EVENT-88 or firstname.lastname@example.org