April Joy Gulley, friend and former employee of The Event Team is doing great things with a new nonprofit called The Bernie Project. Check out the details and learn how you can help!
“I’m excited to announce The Bernie Project. A new non-profit project that I have been working very hard to develop over the past 5 months. Since high school I’ve been on a quest to find that thing that would allow me to make a difference in the lives of a few or possibly many. There is no question that all my life experiences have brought me to this place and I am so excited to begin this new chapter. As many of you know I have forged a bond with a little boy named Mahadi in Uganda and after my most recent trip in November it has become more apparent than ever that I need to be in his life in a more consistent manner.
Along with launching my first non-profit project, I’m in the midst of preparing to move to Uganda by the end of the year. Yes, I’m quitting my job and moving to a third world country at the end of the year and I couldn’t be more excited, nervous, thrilled, scared etc!!
The Bernie Project’s inaugural initiatives are to raise funds to ensure that the 250 kids at Mahadi’s school are provided a well-balanced meal three times a day, along with ensuring that all kids receive hygiene supplies appropriate for their age.
I’m traveling to Uganda in August to sit down with Pastor Joshua to discuss immediate ways we can begin to improve the current feeding program, along with what tools and resources are needed to start a sustainable farming project.
How can you get involved? I’m so glad you asked!!
You can donate to The Bernie Project by going to our website. Donations are tax-deductible!
Other ways to get involved:
• Tell your friends and family about The Bernie Project.
• “Like” The Bernie Project on Facebook.
• Follow The Bernie Project on Twitter @BernieProject
• Sign up for our newsletter via email by clicking here.
• Read our blog here.
• Run a race and raise funds towards The Bernie Project.
• Instead of birthday presents, raise money for The Bernie Project.
• Host a “Cocktails for a Cause” event and feature The Bernie Project.
• Encourage your church or community organization to partner with The Bernie Project. I’m happy to come speak to your group!
• Does your company have a Corporate Social Responsibility Program? Nominate The Bernie Project to become a recipient.
• Join one of the first team trips to Uganda in 2014!
If you have another awesome fundraising event idea, I’d love to hear about it.
If you are interested in volunteering in another capacity please email me, I am looking for a band of merry volunteers!
Thank you for being an integral part of my life.”
Best of luck to you, April! We are proud of you!